Sir David Graaff first planted vines on De Grendel in 1999, almost 200 years after the last vines were destroyed.
Since then De Grendel has become synonymous with exquisite wines, born of the Graaff's love of the soil and scientific approach to winemaking.
De Grendel, meaning latch or lock in Dutch, is one of Cape Town’s oldest farms, stretching out over almost 330 hectares on the fynbos-covered slopes of Tygerberg Hill.
The breathtaking view of Table Mountain from the farm, 350 meters above sea level, is arguably the best in the Cape winelands. On a clear day, you can see all the way from Table Bay to False Bay, and sometimes even on to Cape Point.
- 2018 De Grendel Rubaiyat – 91 points Tim Atkin MW
- 2016 De Grendel Rubaiyat – 90 points Tim Atkin MW
- 2021 De Grendel Op Die Berg Syrah – 90 points - Decanter World Wine Awards
- 2022 De Grendel Winifred – 92 points Tim Atkin MW
- 2017 De Grendel 'Op Die Berg' Pinot Noir – 92 points Wine Enthusiast
- 2022 De Grendel 'Op Die Berg' Chardonnay – 91 points - Decanter World Wine Awards
- 2018 De Grendel Amandelboord Pinotage – 91 points - Tom Cannavan
No products found in this collection