The wines of South Africa are some of the best kept secrets in the wine world. With a rich wine making history, significant investment into vineyard and wine-making practice and a new wave of savvy, passionate winemakers taking the reins, the quality coming out of this beautiful part of the world is truly world class and has never looked better.
The numbers speak for themselves – domestic in-market consumption has risen from 3 Million litres in 2000 to 5 Million litres in 2017, and exports have increased from 8 Million to 19 Million over the same period. Awareness is growing. Globally!
Unfortunately, Australia has had a start-stop experience and very limited opportunity to gain exposure and access to these amazing wines until now. The bottom line is that the number of listings from the supermarket chains combined for all wines from South Africa results in a measly 6 wine brands and 14 products in total. As a result of the limited entry level range available, we made the decision in early 2018 that this had to change!
So, who are we? A synergy between a veteran of the wine world importing and trading under the South African Fine Wines banner since 2008 and an experienced IT and finance expert – both ex-South Africans with an extreme love for their country of origin, yet both proudly Australian. The result – Brave New World Wine.
How is Brave New World Wine Different? Well, we’ve turned the model upside down:
- We love wine… we love South African wine, and we want to share the best kept secret in the wine world with you.
- We have feet on the ground in South Africa that handle all negotiations domestically and in real time, fostering direct relationships and monitoring trends, new releases etc.
- We have negotiated with major brands to distribute and represent their wines in the ANZ region. We balance the major brands with recently discovered innovative, savvy new generation winemakers pushing the boundaries and creating amazing New World Wines.
- Our range includes Kanonkop, Vondeling, Creation & Chamonix with other brands including Springfield, Delaire Graff, Beyerskloof & Bouchard Finlayson forming part of future plans. Look out for the exciting new wave wines from winemakers including Trizanne, Sesfikile & Prime Spot in the following months.
- We offer a bespoke service to our clientele called Acquire – you tell us what you want, and we do all the legwork in sourcing and shipping it to Australia so you only have to focus on enjoying great wine. We save you time!
- We have established relationships with freight forwarders and shippers that constantly strive to deliver the most economical and quickest shipping routes to Australia – both Airfreight & Sea Freight.
- We deliver wherever you are.
A week ago, we hit a significant milestone, landing and taking delivery of our 1st Shipping container of South African wines for 2019. This delivery and the range imported makes Brave New World Wine arguably the leading importer of South African Wines into Australia. The range includes the legendary wines of Kanonkop wine estate – Tim Atkin MW’s first ever 100-point score for a New World wine, awarded to the 2015 Kanonkop Paul Sauer.
Please help us spread the word. If you know of any friends or members of your networks who are wine lovers or wine collectors, we’d love to add them to the family - simply click here and submit your details . If you have an interest in putting on a wine tasting, lunch, dinner or an event – please make contact with us directly on email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Be sure to follow us on Instagram and Facebook for regular updates.
Brave New World is dedicated to unearthing the best kept secrets of the wine world and sharing them with you.!